As with all contracts, it is very important that you read the fine print on a hair salon booth rental contract. In this article we highlight a couple things you need to look for and beware of. Call us at (817) 823-7105 if you have further questions regarding salon suite leasing.
Who is in charge of what in a salon suite business arrangement?
There are many facets to a salon suite rental arrangement. In other words, there is more to a salon suite rental than simply renting a room. How is going to be the receptionist in the central office, and who pays for that receptionist? Who pays for utilities? Is there a concierge and who pays for him/her? What hours will you be allowed to operate your business? What kind of marketing assistance is available through your contract? How long is your contract for? If there a penalty if you have to break your contract before its completion date? And what about re-upping that contract? Are you locked in at the same rental price next year, or will it increase?
These are just some of the matters which need to be resolved before you sign that contract, matters which can directly affect your business and your profitability.
Our intent is not to frighten you but rather arm you with valuable information. Information is power in the business world, so the more you know before signing means the more power you have at the start of your business arrangement.
A standard Salon & spa Galleria business contract
Let’s use our business model as an example. We are Salon and Spa Galleria, with nine locations in the Greater Fort Worth area. Our luxury salon suites range in price from $50-$400 per week, depending on a number of factors, but each salon booth rental includes the following:
- they offer salon suites and booths starting at $50 a week. They also offer chair rentals for someone who wants to share area. Single and double sized suites available.
- Suite/chair/booth rental for: health and beauty professionals, ranging from hair stylists to nail technicians, massage therapists, spa professionals and skin treatment experts.
- State of the art equipment in all suites
- HDTVs and cable service included in each suite
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24/7 access to their own private studio.
- Security monitoring
- Utilities included
- They can decorate their suite how they want
- Washers and dryers on site
- Full time concierge to assist them and their clients
- Tankless hot water heaters for endless supply hot water
- Short and long term leases available
- Marketing support-complimentary personal web page and internal marketing program. free press release to promote their business on the web.
- Break room with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, sink and seating area
Now you have something to compare your contract with. We like to think our salon booth rental packages are as good as it gets in this industry. If you can find one similar, in your city, jump onboard quickly.
Read the fine print! Get all these matters clarified before you sign on the dotted line. Renting a salon room is a great business opportunity, as long as you go into it with your eyes wide-open.
For a leasing agent, call 817-917-1416 or 817-823-7105.
To reach our concierges call 972-691-7300.
Our family of independent operators all have their own number. Please contact them directly.
Call soon to find out more about our move in specials and to become part of the Salon and Spa Galleria Family.