Skip to main content

A Traditional Hair Salon Makes Someone Else Rich from Your Hard Work

By October 27, 2023Salon Spa Blog
Traditional hair salon

Listen, we have nothing against the traditional hair salon business model.  It has worked well in this country for over two-hundred years, and it has made quite a few salons owners rich.  It’s just that we think there is a better hair salon business model, one which makes owning a salon more affordable for people who, shall we say, are not rolling in investment capital.  And it is that business model that we want to talk to you about in this article.

We are Salon & Spa Galleria, serving the Greater Fort Worth area with twenty-three salon suite rental locations. Call us at 817-917-1416 for more information and to arrange for a tour if you are in Fort Worth.

Okay, now let’s talk about changing the approach to hair salon ownership.

The traditional hair salon business model.

No matter who is reading this article, chances are you have been in a traditional hair salon, or a traditional beauty salon.  You know what it looks like.  You walk in the doors and you are greeted by a front desk receptionist. Beyond that desk are a number of work stations where beauticians are working on their customers.  What you may not know is how the financials work.  There is an owner of that salon, and those who are at the working stations are either employees of that salon, or independent contractors who are working for commissions. The commission rate is generally in the 40% rate, with the owner of the salon keeping the other 60% of every dollar earned in the salon.

Who benefits? The owner, obviously.  The workers? Steady job, steady paycheck, and absolutely no chance of vertical movement within the “company.”

Now, let’s take a look at the future of hair salons.

The new hair salon business model.

With the new business model, an individual rents a salon suite from a company like our own Salon & Spa Galleria.  They then open their salon in that rental space.  The salon is theirs and theirs alone. They keep 100% of the profits and simply pay rent for the retail space.

The difference should be readily apparent.  In this new approach, the one doing the actual work is keeping100% of the profits. The business is a scaled down version of the traditional beauty salon, one or two beauticians instead of five or six.  The expenses are very low, and the investment capital needed is basically the cost of renting the luxury salon suites.

We don’t want to go so far as to call it a fail-safe business model, but it is darned close.

We provide the support, you rake in 100% of the profits.

Do you want numbers? At Salon & Spa Galleria, salon suites start at $75 per week.  Included in that rental payment are all utilities, WiFi, a free HDTV, laundry facilities, 24/7 access, a web page, a free marketing program . . . let’s just say practically all of your overhead is included in the rental payment.

What other expenses are there?  Insurannce . . . the cost of any product which will be sold in the salon . . the cost of decorating the suite . . . and that’s just about it.

If this seems to good to be true trust us, it is true, and it is happening every single day at Salon & Spa Galleria.

A final word about Salon & Spa Galleria.

If you are in the Fort Worth area, and you are tired of making money for someone else, pick up the phone and call us.  We are locally owned and operated, we are wildly successful, and we would love to have you join our revolution in the hair salon industry.