Skip to main content

How A One Person Hair Salon Can Make It Big

By September 6, 2023Salon Spa Blog
what does it take to own a hair salon? what skills do you need?

We are here to tell you how a one-person hair salon can be wildly successful, so stop what you are doing and pay attention.

We are Salon & Spa Galleria, leading the way with twenty-three salon suite rental agencies in the Greater Fort Worth area, and our business model, which we are about to tell you about, can change your life for the better. Call us at 817-917-1416 for more information.  But, first, read on.

Traditional hair salon is fading in popularity.

If you are in the hair styling business, you already know how the traditional hair salon, or beauty salon, is operated. The owner leases a retail location, hires on talented hair stylists, pays them commission, usually around 40%, and keeps the other 60% for themselves.  It is a steady job for the talented stylists, albeit a dead-end one, and it is a cash cow for the owner, who does very little other than the bookkeeping and counting the profits . . . and those profits are considerable.

The business model we just described has been around for a couple hundred years, further emphasizing the success of that model for the owners of those beauty salons and hair salons.

A new hair salon business model.

What that traditional business model does not include is success for the talented beauticians who actually take care of the customers. They are compensated a small percentage of the profits, and that small percentage guarantees them a paycheck and very little after that paycheck.  There is no advancement. There is no increase in pay.  There is just enough money for the stylists to pay their bills and have few extras, but with the cost of rent and the cost of medical and the cost, and the cost, and the cost, it is a rare stylist who is “making it big” with this old, tired, worn-out business model.

However, all is not lost. In fact, there is a new business model gaining in popularity, one in which you, the talented stylist, own your business and keep 100% of your profits, and this business model is called, for lack of a better term, the Salon Suite Rental Business Model.

With this business model, instead of leasing an entire building for a beauty salon, you only rent one salon suite, a mini beauty salon, one owned by you, all profits going to you.

Sound good to you? Let’s see how it works.

The Salon & Spa Galleria way.

At our own Salon & Spa Galleria, in Fort Worth, luxury salon suites start at $75 per week.  That rental price includes utilities, security monitoring, a free HDTV, a marketing plan, a web page, 24/7 access to your salon, furniture if needed, and the full power of the Salon & Spa Galleria name.  No, this is not a franchise situation.  Your salon studio is located in one of our buildings, along with other beauty-related businesses, but the ownership belongs to you and your alone.  You can call it Gayle’s Hair Salon, or ABC Hair Salon, or anything else you like . . . but it is located in one of our Salon & Spa Galleria buildings, which means you take advantage of the drive-by traffic and the foot traffic, which is considerable.

How successful is our business model? We have twenty-three locations, and each location is occupies by dozens of talented people just like you.

A final word about Salon & Spa Galleria.

Call us today for more information. We are locally owned and operated and, quite frankly, even if you don’t live in Fort Worth, this opportunity is so good it is worth moving to Fort Worth to take advantage of it.

Unless, of course, you like working for commissions for someone else, in which case disregard what we just told you.