Skip to main content

The Future of the Beauty Salon Industry 2024 and Beyond

By December 7, 2023Salon Spa Blog
Rent a salon suite and own your business in the rental.

The beauty salon industry, as we know it today, has been a staple in the United States, conservatively, since the early 1800s.  It could be argued its origins date even further back than that, but let’s use the 1800s figure for this discussion.

What will the beauty salon industry look like next year? Five years from now? Ten? We tackle that question in this article by Salon & Spa Galleria, serving the Fort Worth Metro area with twenty-three salon suite rental locations. Call us at 817-917-1416 for more information.

Okay, let’s get out the crystal ball and stare into the future.

The traditional beauty salon format.

Beauty salon, hair salon, it is safe to say that anyone reading this article knows what a traditional salon looks like.  You walk in and are greeted by a receptionist. Behind the receptionist you will see multiple workstations where hair stylists, nail stylists, microblading technicians are working with customers.  The salon itself is in a retail shop, oftentimes in a strip mall, and it is owned by one person who makes approximately 60% of every dollar made in the salon. The other 40% is paid in commissions to the actual salon “employees,” the ones actually working on the customers.

This format is a great deal for the salon owner, it means steady if not uninspiring employment for the worker bees, and the success of this business model can be seen in the fact that it has worked for almost two-hundred years.

The only problem with this business model is it takes a great amount of investment cash to be one of those salon owners, which means that 99% of the people in the industry, the “worker bees,” will never own a salon.

The future beauty salon trend.

About ten years ago a new business model emerged . . . the rise of the micro salons.  In this business model, talented beauticians rent a salon suite, a single room, in a building which houses various independent beauty businesses i.e. nail salon, hair salon, microblading salon, massage therapy salon.

Because they are only leasing one room, the cost of the lease is much lower, meaning it is affordable for a much larger percentage of the “worker bees.” Suddenly, ownership is within the grasp of those who heretofore could never afford to own a beauty salon.

Let’s look at actual dollars and cents so you can clearly see the advantage of this new business model.

An example to consider from Salon & Spa Galleria.

At Salon & Spa Galleria, in Fort Worth, our luxury salon suites start at $75 per week.  As low as that rental fee is, consider the amenities included in that low rental cost:

  • 24/7 salon access
  • 24/7 security monitoring
  • Plenty of parking for tenants and clients
  • Convenient access
  • Handicap accessible
  • Wide hallways
  • Comfortable waiting area
  • On site laundry room free to all tenants. We even provide the soap.
  • Break room with microwave, sink, Keurig, refrigerator
  • Endless instant hot water with tankless hot water heaters.
  • Smart TV with fiber in each room
  • Free wifi for tenants and your customers
  • Decorate your suite how you want!
  • Utilities included (water and elec)
  • Wash bowl or sink in each suite
  • Beautiful state-of-the-art equipment available

If you want to see what the future of the beauty salon industry in the United States looks like, look no further than Salon & Spa Galleria of Fort Worth, Texas.

A final word about Salon & Spa Galleria.

Locally owned and operated, Salon & Spa Galleria is the Gold Standard when it comes to salon suite rental opportunities. Call us today and arrange for a tour.